All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- Description'Photos of the Gods' is a comprehensive history of India's popular visual culture. Combining anthropology, political and cultural history, and the study of aesthetic systems, and using many intriguing and unfamiliar images, the book shows that the current predicament of India cant be understood without taking into account this complex, fascinating, and until w virtually unseen, visual history.
- Author BiographyChristopher Pinney is Senior Lecturer in Material Culture at University College London, UK. He is the author of Camera Indica: The Social Life of Indian Photographs (Reaktion Books, 1997), and co-editor with Rachel Dwyer of Pleasure and the Nation: The History, Politics and Consumption of Public Culture in India (2001).
- Author(s)Christopher Pinney
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Out-of-print date13/12/2012
- Content Note200ill.(100col.ill.)
- Weight783 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.