All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou'd be hard-pressed to find a published image that hasn't spent some quality time in Adobe Photoshop. With new features such as Content-Aware Fill and Puppet Warp, Photoshop CS5 is more amazing -- and perhaps more bewildering -- than ever. That's where this full-color Missing Manual comes in. It covers Photoshop from a practical standpoint, with tips, tricks, and practical advice you can use every day to edit photos and create beautiful documents. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced pixel pusher ready to try advanced techniques, author and graphics pro Lesa Snider offers crystal-clear, jargon-free instructions to help you take advantage of these powerful tools -- t only how they work, but when you should use them. Describing the CS4 edition, bestselling Photoshop author Scott Kelby wrote, Lesa did a great job on the book, and in my mind, it is the new Photoshop Bible. * Learn your way around Photoshop's revamped workspace * Get up to speed on essential features such as layers and channels * Edit images by cropping, resizing, retouching, working with color, and more * Create paintings and illustrations, work with text, and explore filters * Prepare images for printing or the Web, and learn how to protect your images online * Work smarter and faster by automating tasks and installing plug-ins Written with the clarity, humor, and objective scrutiny, Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual is the friendly, thorough resource you need.
- Author BiographyLesa Snider is on a mission to teach the world to create--and use--better graphics. She's a stock photographer and chief evangelist for iStockphoto, founder of the creative tutorial site http://GraphicReporter.com, author of Photoshop: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, 2008), Graphic Secrets for Business Professionals (http://Lynda.com), From Photo to Graphic Art, and Practical Photoshop Elements (http://KelbyTraining.com). She writes regularly for Macworld Magazine, the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Elements Techniques, and Layers Magazine. Lesa is also a corporate trainer and teaches at many industry conferences including Photoshop World, Macworld Expo, Mac Mania Geek Cruises, and the esteemed Santa Fe Workshops. Since 2003, she has assisted New York Times technology columnist David Pogue with many projects, including his Missing Manual book series and NYT videos. You can catch Lesa's Graphics Tip of the Week live each Wednesday night on the Your Mac Life internet radio show, which she co-hosts.
- Author(s)Lesa Snider
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine33 mm
Most relevant reviews
- gerangdrummer14 Jun, 2016by
A very detailed and informative publication
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.