All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this mograph is to highlight various mechanisms followed by plants to overcome the high light stress and photoinhibition, and also the plant responses to low light levels. Emphasis has been on the regulation of light harvesting process, the avoidance phemena at leaf and chloroplast levels and the strategy followed by certa in solar tracking plants in maximizing the light interception without photoinhibitory damage, leading to improvement of diurnal photosynthetic rate. Plant adjustment to light variations over a long term, through the acclimation process brought about by changes in gene function and specific reconstruction of chloroplast has also been discussed. Although the emphasis has been on higher plant systems, green algae and cyabacterial examples are used wherever appropriate. This book will be a useful reference to advanced postgraduate students, research scientists and teachers interested in the area of photosynthesis research.
- Author(s)V. S. Rama Das
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationEnfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScience Publishers,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.