Photovoltaic Systems Engineering by Roger A. Messinger, Jerry Ventre, Amir Abtahi (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe U.S. Department of Energy w estimates a factor of 14 increase in grid-connected systems between 2009 and 2017, depending upon various factors such as incentives for renewables and availability and price of conventional fuels. With this fact in mind, Photovoltaic Systems Engineering, Third Edition presents a comprehensive engineering basis for photovoltaic (PV) system design, so engineers can understand the what, why, and how associated with the electrical, mechanical, ecomic, and aesthetic aspects of PV system design. Building on the popularity of the first two editions, esteemed authors Roger Messenger and Jerry Ventre explore the significant growth and new ideas in the PV industry. They integrate their experience in system design and installation gained since publication of the last edition. Intellectual tools to help engineers and students to understand new techlogies and ideas in this rapidly evolving field The book educates about the design of PV systems so that when engineering judgment is needed, the engineer can make intelligent decisions based on a clear understanding of the parameters involved. This goal differentiates this textbook from the many design and installation manuals that train the reader how to make design decisions, but t why. The authors explain why a PV design is executed a certain way, and how the design process is actually implemented. In exploring these ideas, this cutting-edge book presents: * An updated background of energy production and consumption * Mathematical background for understanding energy supply and demand * A summary of the solar spectrum, how to locate the sun, and how to optimize the capture of its energy * Analysis of the components used in PV systems Also useful for students, the text is full of additional practical considerations added to the theoretical background associated with mechanical and structural design. A modified top-down approach organizes the material to quickly cover the building blocks of the PV system. The focus is on adjusting the parameters of PV systems to optimize performance. The last two chapters present the physical basis of PV cell operation and optimization. Presenting new problems based upon contemporary techlogy, this book covers a wide range of topics-including chemistry, circuit analysis, electronics, solid state device theory, and ecomics-this book will become a relied upon addition to any engineer's library.
- Author BiographyRoger Messenger is professor emeritus of electrical engineering at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota and is a Registered Professional Engineer, a Certified Electrical Contractor, and a NABCEP Certified PV Installer, who enjoys working on a field installation as much as he enjoys teaching a class or working on the design of a system or contemplating the theory of operation of a system. His research work has ranged from electrical noise in gas discharge tubes to deep impurities in silicon to energy conservation. He worked on the development and promulgation of the original Code for Energy Efficiency in Building Construction in Florida and has conducted extensive field studies of energy consumption and conservation in buildings and swimming pools. Since his retirement from Florida Atlantic University in 2005, he has worked as vice president for engineering at VB Engineering, Inc., in Boca Raton. The VB Engineering team has completed several hundred PV designs to date, including the design of the 5808-module, 4-acre, 1 MW system on the roof of the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. He has also been active in the Florida Solar Energy Industries Association and the Florida Alliance for Renewable Energy, has served as a peer reviewer for the U.S. Department of Energy, and has sat on the Florida Solar Energy Center Policy Advisory Board. He has conducted numerous seminars on designing, installing, and inspecting PV systems. Jerry Ventre is a consultant in photovoltaic systems engineering, specializing in system design, product certification, and workforce development. For 25 years, he led the photovoltaic and distributed power programs at the Florida Solar Energy Center, a research institute of the University of Central Florida. During that time, he also managed the Photovoltaic Southeast Regional Experimentation Station for the U.S. Department of Energy. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in aerospace engineering from the University of Cincinnati, and has more than 35 years of experience in research, development, design, and systems analysis. He served on the aerospace engineering faculties of both the University of Cincinnati and the University of Central Florida, is a Registered Professional Engineer, and, among many courses, taught photovoltaic systems at the graduate level. He has designed solid rocket motors and jet engines for the Advanced Engine Technology Department of the General Electric Company, and has performed research for numerous agencies, including NASA, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S. Navy, the FAA, and the U.S. Department of Energy. He has over 150 technical publications, has been active in technical societies, and has been the recipient of a number of awards for contributions to engineering and engineering education.
- Author(s)Amir Abtahi,Jerry Ventre,Roger A. Messinger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note182 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.