All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe evolutionary history of species is traditionally represented using a rooted phylogenetic tree. However, when reticulate events such as hybridization, horizontal gene transfer or recombination are believed to be involved, phylogenetic networks that can accommodate n-treelike evolution have an important role to play. This book provides the first interdisciplinary overview of phylogenetic networks. Beginning with a concise introduction to both phylogenetic trees and phylogenetic networks, the fundamental concepts and results are then presented for both rooted and unrooted phylogenetic networks. Current approaches and algorithms available for computing phylogenetic networks from different types of datasets are then discussed, accompanied by examples of their application to real biological datasets. The book also summarises the algorithms used for drawing phylogenetic networks, along with the existing software for their computation and evaluation. All datasets, examples and other additional information and links are available from the book's companion website at www.phylogenetic-networks.org.
- Author BiographyDaniel H. Huson is Professor of Algorithms in Bioinformatics at Tubingen University. He has authored numerous papers in bioinformatics, biology and mathematics, and is the main author of the widely-used computer programs Dendroscope, MEGAN and SplitsTree. Regula Rupp received her PhD in Mathematics from Bern University in 2006. Between 2007 and 2009 she held a postdoctoral research position at Tubingen University, working with Daniel H. Huson in developing robust methods for computing phylogenetic networks from real biological data. Celine Scornavacca is a postdoctoral researcher working on algorithms for phylogenetic networks with Daniel H. Huson at Tubingen University. She received her PhD in Computer Science from Montpellier University in 2009.
- Author(s)Celine Scornavacca,Daniel H. Huson,Regula Rupp
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note189 b/w illus. 80 exercises
- Weight800 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.