All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second Edition is designed for final year students and graduates studying kinesiology, exercise science, physical education, public health, health promotion, preventive medicine and human biology. It looks at the health benefits associated with a physically active lifestyle and a moderate level of fitness versus the potential deleterious consequences of physical inactivity. The book focuses on the prevention of diseases and enhancement of quality of life and well-being. It does t deal with the role of physical activity in the treatment of diseases and rehabilitation and is t intended to be an encyclopedic review of the field. Instead, each chapter provides an overview of the key concepts and the most important findings emerging from a collection of studies, discusses the limitations of the current kwledge base and identifies research needs. It highlights the link between physical activity and health.
- Author BiographyClaude Bouchard, PhD, is the executive director of the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, a campus of the Louisiana State University System. He was director of the Physical Activity Sciences Laboratory at Laval University, Quebec. Steven N. Blair, PED, is a professor at the Arnold School of Public Health at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. His research focuses on the associations between lifestyle and health, with a specific emphasis on exercise, physical fitness, body composition and chronic disease. William Haskell, PhD, is emeritus professor of medicine at Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford School of Medicine. He holds an honorary MD degree from Linkoping University in Sweden.
- Author(s)Claude Bouchard,Steven N. Blair,William L. Haskell
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note177 black & white illustrations, 56 black & white halftones
- Weight1474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.