All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive health-related fitness education program is back and better than ever! Developed by top-level physical educators, this third edition will help students gain the kwledge, skills, appreciation, and confidence they need to lead active, healthy lives, regardless of physical and mental abilities or disabilities. Physical Best Activity Guide: Middle and High School Levels has been used with much success across the United States, and for good reason: The text contains 70 easy-to-use instructional activities, ranging from ncompetitive to competitive and from less demanding to more demanding. It also includes activities that allow for maximum time on task. All the instructional activities address the national physical education standards, dance standards, or health standards. This new edition retains the best activities from previous editions and offers new ones from outstanding teachers throughout the United States. You will learn how to adapt the activities for all students, regardless of skill level or disability, and students will learn how to set realistic goals, manage their activity levels, and remain healthy throughout their lives. In addition, this text offers the following features: - A Combined-Component Training chapter combines aerobic fitness, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility into single activities. - A CD-ROM contains a wealth of reproducibles, including charts, posters, signs, station cards, handouts, and worksheets, many of which can be adapted to meet your needs. - A section of Internet resources helps you develop your own special events. Physical Best Activity Guide: Middle and High School Levels, developed by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education, can stand alone or be used in conjunction with Physical Education for Lifelong Fitness: The PhysicalBest Teacher's Guide, Third Edition, and Physical Best Activity Guide: Elementary Level, Third Edition. It can also be used with Fitnessgram(R)/Activitygram(R), an activity assessment and computerized reporting system, and the Fitness forLife resources for middle school and high school. Fitness for Life is a comprehensive program promoting lifetime health-related fitness.
- Author BiographySHAPE America -- Society of Health and Physical Educators (formerly AAHPERD) -- is the largest organization of physical educators in the country, with close to 20,000 members. SHAPE America created the first-ever K-12 physical education national standards; developed the Let's Move in School public awareness campaign to increase physical activity before, during, and after school; and originated the Shape of the Nation Report, which reviews the status of physical education across the United States. Among its many partners, SHAPE America works with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, the American Heart Association, The Cooper Institute, First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative, and the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition.
- Author(s)Mr Jeff Carpenter,Ms Christina Sinclair,Shape America - Society of Health and Physical Educators
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication23/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight739 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.