All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhysical Theatres: A Critical Reader is an invaluable resource for students of physically orientated theatre and performance. This book aims to trace the roots and development of physicality in theatre by combining practical experience of the field with a strong historical and theoretical underpinning. In exploring the histories, cross-overs and intersections of physical theatres, this critical Reader provides: * six new, specially commissioned essays, covering each of the book's main themes, from technical traditions to contemporary practises * discussion of issues such as the foregrounding of the body, training and performance processes, and the origins of theatre in both play and human cognition * a focus on the relationship and tensions between the verbal and the physical in theatre * contributions from Augusto Boal, Stephen Berkoff, Etienne Decroux, Bertolt Brecht, David George, J-J. Rousseau, Ana Sanchez Colberg, Michael Chekhov, Jeff Nuttall, Jacques Lecoq, Yoshi Oida, Mike Pearson, and Aristotle.
- Author BiographyJohn Keefe is a Senior Lecturer in Drama, Theatre, Performance and Film at the London Metropolitan University. Dr Simon Murray is Director of Theatre at Dartington College of Arts, Totnes. He is author of Jacques Lecoq in the Routledge Performance Practioners series (2003).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byJohn Keefe,Simon Murray
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.