All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter which way you look at it, whether you own your own practice, become a part of a large physician group, or become an employee of a hospital, you will be signing an employment contract of some sort. Revised and updated, The Physician Employment Contract Handbook, Second Edition: A Guide to Structuring Equitable Arrangements provides sample physician employment contracts and explains how each contract works. The new edition includes increased information on the latest managed care entities and a review of basic concepts in fraud and abuse, corporate practice of medicine, and antitrust concerns. The author discusses the various legal and compliance issues related to physician employment, such as anti-self referral and anti-kickback issues, and examines how to resolve disputes through arbitration or mediation. The author also outlines the pros and cons of various partnership arrangements. After you have finished this book, you will be able to ask meaningful questions of legal and accounting counsel, do a preliminary review and analysis of the agreement offered, and even compare a prospective employer's contract to other standard agreements without endangering confidentiality agreements. You will be able to design standard text, saving time and money on legal fees by having counsel review and add the final touches to contract drafts instead of starting from scratch. With proper planning and a clear understanding of both short- and long-term objectives, you can move into the future and take advantage of opportunities in the current healthcare revolution.
- Author BiographyMaria K. Todd, PhD, is the CEO of HealthPro Consulting, Inc., the Executive Director of The Health Reimbursement Institute, and a Managing Partner with Global Health Sources, LLC.
- Author(s)Maria K. Todd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.