Physics: The First Science by Peter Lindenfeld, Suzanne White Brahmia (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's physics textbooks have become encyclopedic, offering students dry discussions, rote formulas, and exercises with little relation to the real world. Physics: The First Science takes a different approach by offering uniquely accessible, student-friendly explanations, historical and philosophical perspectives and mathematics in easy-to-comprehend dialogue. It emphasizes the unity of physics and its place as the basis for all science. Examples and worked solutions are scattered throughout the narrative to help increase understanding. Students are tested and challenged at the end of each chapter with questions ranging from a guided-review designed to mirror the examples, to problems, reasoning skill building exercises that encourage students to analyze unfamiliar situations, and interactive simulations developed at the University of Colorado. With their experience instructing both students and teachers of physics for decades, Peter Lindenfeld and Suzanne White Brahmia have developed an algebra-based physics book with features to help readers see the physics in their lives. Students will welcome the engaging style, condensed format, and ecomical price.
- Author BiographyPETER LINDENFELD has been a professor of physics at Rutgers University for more than four decades. In addition to his research in superconductivity and materials physics he has taught at all levels and is a recipient of the Millikan medal of the American Association of Physics Teachers. SUZANNE WHITE BRAHMIA has taught physics and written curriculum for many years, beginning as a Peace Corps physics teacher in Africa. She heads the Extended Physics Program for engineering students at Rutgers University, and is associate director of the Math and Science Learning Center.
- Author(s)Peter Lindenfeld,Suzanne White Brahmia
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteill
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.15New
- AU $21.21New
- AU $24.85New
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.52New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $79.15Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.52
- AU $20.13Trending at AU $23.56
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.32
- AU $77.19Trending at AU $94.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.