All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster physics with Debora Katz's new, ground-breaking calculus-based physics program, PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS: FOUNDATIONS AND CONNECTIONS. Dr. Katz's one-of-a-kind case study approach enables you to connect math and physics concepts in a modern, interactive way. By leveraging physics education research (PER) best practices and her extensive classroom experience, Debora Katz addresses the areas where students like you struggle the most: linking physics to the real world, overcoming common preconceptions, and connecting the concept being taught with the mathematical steps to follow. How Dr. Katz deals with these challenges-with case studies, student dialogues, and detailed two-column examples-distinguishes this text from any other and will assist you in going beyond the quantitative to master your physics course.
- Author BiographyKatz earned her PhD in Astrophysics from University of Minnesota, one of the top PER programs in the country. She has been active in the PER community and has attended multiple conferences to learn how to better integrate innovative pedagogies into the classroom. She has effectively done so in a very traditional environment at the Naval Academy, where she is a tenured professor. She is an active researcher who regularly works with undergraduate students.
- Author(s)Deborah Katz
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight2790 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine50 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.