Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA nneutral plasma is a many-body collection of charged particles in which there is t overall charge neutrality. The diverse areas of application of nneutral plasmas include: precision atomic clocks, trapping of antimatter plasmas and antihydrogen production, quantum computers, nlinear vortex dynamics and fundamental transport processes in trapped nneutral plasmas, strongly-coupled one-component plasmas and Coulomb crystals, coherent radiation generation in free electron devices, such as free electron lasers, magnetrons and cyclotron masers, and intense charged particle beam propagation in periodic focusing accelerators and transport systems, to mention a few examples. Physics of Nonneutral Plasmas is a graduate-level text - complete with 138 assigned problems and the results from several classic experiments - which covers a broad range of topics related to the fundamental properties of collective processes and nlinear dynamics of one-component and multispecies charged particle systems in which there is t overall charge neutrality. The subject matter is treated systematically from first principles, using a unified theoretical approach, and the emphasis is on the development of basic concepts that illustrate the underlying physical processes in circumstances where intense self fields play a major role in determining the evolution of the system. The theoretical analysis includes the full influence of dc space charge effects on detailed equilibrium, stability and transport properties. The statistical models used to describe the properties of nneutral plasmas are based on the nlinear Vlasov-Maxwell equations, the macroscopic fluid-Maxwell equations, or the Klimontovich-Maxwell equations, as appropriate, and extensive use is made of theoretical techniques developed in the description of multispecies electrically-neutral plasmas, as well as established techniques in classical mechanics, electrodynamics and statistical physics.Physics of Nonneutral Plasmas emphasizes basic physics principles, and the thorough presentation style is intended to have a lasting appeal to graduate students and researchers alike. Because of the advanced theoretical techniques developed for describing one-component charged particle systems, this book serves as a useful companion volume to Physics of Intense Charged Particle Beams in High Energy Accelerators by Ronald C Davidson and Hong Qin.
- Author(s)Ronald Crosby Davidson
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1129 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.