All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is based on the proceedings of the Phytochemical Society of North America's 23rd Annual Meet- ing on Phytochemical Adaptations to Stress which was held at the University of Arizona, Tucson, July 5-8, 1983. It contains a series of articles which focus on our current kwledge on the production of secondary (natural) metabolites by higher plants in response to biological and physiological stresses. The editors of this volume are deeply indebted to a number of people and organizations for their support and contributions which were critical to the success of this scientific meeting. Generous grant support was provided by the Agricultural Research Service of the United States Department of Agricul- ture. Additional financial support came from the Phytochemical Society of North America. Indispensable services and personnel were donated by the Departments of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, the College of Agriculture and the Office of Arid Lands Studies of the University of Arizona. Special recognition is due to Paul Mirocha of the Office of Arid Lands Studies for his drawing of the frontispiece and the superb photograph on the jacket. The Division of Conferences and Short Courses of the University of Arizona deserves credit for its pivotal role in maintaining a well-run and pleasant conference. Many other volunteers gave their time and energy to make the Symposium a success; we wish to mention two from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brian Week and Catherine L. Buckner.
- Author(s)Barbara N. Timmermann,Cornelius Steelink,Frank Abel Loewus
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleRecent Advances in Phytochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.