All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionPublished from 1883 to 1957, The Etude Music Magazine read like a diary of the emerging American musical community. During this period, it featured a series of Master-Lessons by ted pia virtuosi. Originally intended to provide world-class teaching to a public that otherwise could t afford such lessons, the series became avaluable record of professional performance practice, offering a rare and unique glimpse of pia teaching in the first decades of the century. Among the chapters in this collection are master-lessons on Paderewski's Minuet in G, Chopin's Military Polonaise, Grieg's Norwegian Bridal Procession, Mendelssohn's Scherzo, and Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata. Authors include such pia masters as Wilhelm Bachaus, Percy Grainger, Edwin Hughes, and Mark Hambourg. Compiled in a format that preserves its original layout and style, this collection is indispensable to pia teachers and students and of the greatest interest to the growing number of pia literature and performance practice classes taught at the university level.
- Author BiographyAn active conductor, composer, and author, Dr. Jeffrey Johnson is currently Chair of the Music Program at the University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- PublisherMusic Sales Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMusic Sales Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/09/2012
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.