All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive study of Picasso's mastery of line drawing and its centrality to his artistic process This beautiful new study provides an insightful reevaluation of the role of line in the work of Pablo Picasso (1881-1973). Picasso pursued drawing assiduously throughout his career, ranging across media such as pen and pencil, charcoal, and papier colle. This book brings together eighty extraordinary drawings spanning the most important phases of Picasso's career. Contributors discuss the artist's intensive exploration of line in relation to three-dimensional form, both in the context of the European artistic tradition and in analyses of selected works. Drawing emerges as central to the artist's process-a creative process that reveals ather facet of Picasso's genius for making art out of the simplest of means. The first in-depth exploration of the artist's line drawings, Picasso The Line conveys how essential these powerful works are within the artist's oeuvre. As Picasso himself stated: line drawings are the only ones that cant be imitated.
- Author BiographyCarmen Gimenez is founder and former director of the Museo Picasso Malaga, Spain. She currently lives in Madrid. David Breslin and Clare Elliott are curators at The Menil Collection.
- Author(s)Carmen Gimenez
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note130 color illus.
- Weight1406 g
- Width279 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.