All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPichvnari lies on the Black Sea coast of Georgia, at the confluence of the Choloki and Ochkhamuri rivers. The site has been kwn since the 1940s, gaining attention by the chance discovery of coin hoards from the 4th and 5th centuries. Small-scale excavations followed in the 1950s, but since the 1960s Pichvnari has had much larger digs conducted at the settlement site and cemeteries. An entire complex of sites was discovered: Late Bronze Age, Early Iron Age, Clasical and Hellenistic levels are well-preserved at Pichvnari, covering an area of 100ha. This higly-illustrated volume, published with both English and Georgian text, brings this unique site to life.
- Author Biographyby Michael Vickers and Amiran Kakhidze
- Author(s)Amiran Kakhidze,Michael Vickers
- PublisherAshmolean Museum
- Date of Publication29/08/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Georgian
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshmolean Museum
- Out-of-print date18/12/2009
- Content Notefully illustrated with b/w pls
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.