All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPickling is one of the oldest and easiest methods of preserving vegetables. Many of us remember the savor of home-made pickles from grandma's garden, and huge steaming pots and delicious pickles eaten all year round. Home pickling is back to trend, as the desire to kw where and how foods are prepared increases. This book provides an insight into the traditional techniques and local delicacies, such as the Korean kimchi and the Balkan sarma, as well as the universal classics (cucumbers, beetroots, cabbage). With guidelines on equipment and preparation, useful hints on cooking and important tips to remember, it distils the kwledge of earlier generations into a jarful of simple, foolproof recipes that will give endless delight both to make and to taste. You will learn more about the nutritional benefits of pickles and their richness in vitamins. Richly illustrated and with a comprehensive and exciting recipe list, this is the perfect sourcebook for every cook who wishes to rediscover pickles.
- Author BiographyKarin Bojs has been working as science editor and manager of the science desk at Sweden's largest daily newspaper, Dagens Nyheter, for over 15 years. She has been awarded an honorary doctorate from Stockholm University for her work, and is a recipient of both the Science Media Prize from the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and the Swedish National Encyclopedia's Knowledge Award. She has years of experience in professional food manufacture and is an enthusiastic hobby farmer and vegetable pickler.
- Author(s)Karin Bojs
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width180 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.