Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $46.55Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.21Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $25.24Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- Description'Don't worry about us, Mam'selle dear,' smiled Miranda. 'We shall only be gone a very little while.' But they weren't. By turns eerie, haunting and thrilling, Joan Lindsay's story of vanishing schoolgirls is one of Australia's greatest mysteries. Every so often, there comes a story so brilliant and lively and moving that it cant be left in the past. Rediscover the magic of our country's most memorable children's books in the Penguin Australia Chlidren's Classics series of stories too precious to leave behind.
- Author BiographyJoan Lindsay was born in Melbourne, where she went to school as a day-girl for a few years at Clyde Girls' Grammar, then situated in East St Kilda. She knew and loved the Macedon district from early childhood. In 1922 she married Sir Daryl Lindsay in London. The Lindsays travelled together in Europe and the USA, Daryl with his paints and Joan with her typewriter. Picnic At Hanging Rock (1967) is her best-remembered book and was filmed by Peter Weir in 1975. Sir Daryl died in 1976. Joan lived at their country home on the Mornington Peninsula, Mullberry Hill, Victoria, Australia, until her death in December 1984.
- Author(s)Joan Lindsay
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleAustralian Children's Classics
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight415 g
- Width134 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.