All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the unique phemen of the pictorialization of Duerer's drawings. Representative Northern European painters in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries - such as Hans Schaeufelein, Jacob Hoefnagel and Jan Brueghel the Elder - reproduced Duerer's drawings, from single motifs to whole compositions in brilliant colors. This publication discusses the character of Duerer's workshop, preferences for drawings in Renaissance Germany, questions about authorship and ownership around works of art and the reception and adaptation of the Northern Renaissance art in the Prague Mannerism. It also demonstrates how in the course of the sixteenth century the evaluation of Duerer's drawings in Northern Europe changed.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Kayo Hirakawa, born in Tokyo 1968, studied Archaeology and Art History at Kyoto University. She received her Ph.D. in Art History in 2003 and works as an Associate Professor of Art History at Kinki University, Osaka.
- Author(s)Kayo Hirakawa
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften Reihe 28: Kunstgeschichte
- Series Part/Volume Number434
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note44, 44 coloured ill.
- Weight270 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.