Picture Yourself Signing ASL: Level 1 by Janna Sweenie, David Boles (Mixed media product, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPicture Yourself Learning American Sign Language, Level 1 makes learning to sign fun and easy, providing the building blocks to help you master your comprehension of American Sign Language (ASL) at the beginner level. Using a whole-body approach to signing, you'll learn to convey context and meaning on a dynamic level involving both facial expressions and HandShapes. The book begins by teaching you 10 facial expressions, 16 unique HandShapes, and signs to convey time, space, and location. You'll then be introduced to the revolutionary Pick and Say Rubric that incorporates 90 vocabulary words with a sentence pattern. Each part of the sentence is assigned a color-red for time, green for uns, and blue for actions. The rubric makes learning proper sentence structure fun and engaging, and simple sentences can be built upon with the addition of individual vocabulary words. Picture Yourself Learning American Sign Language, Level 1 is filled with full-color photographs that illustrate proper HandShapes formation, and an accompanying DVD that demonstrates the correct way to form words and sentences, making learning to sign simple and enjoyable.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Boles has authored three other books for Course Technology PTR: Picture Yourself Learning American Sign Language,Level 1; Picture Yourself Learning Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard; and Google Apps Administrator Guide. David is the author of several blogs that deal with technology and the mind-body meme, including Urban Semiotic.com, RelationShaping.com, and WordPunk.com. David has also been teaching for over 16 years. He has taught American Sign Language at New York University; Public Health at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey; English and Literary Criticism at Fordham University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Saint Peter's College, and the College of New Rochelle; and Drama and Speech at Rutgers University, NJIT, and Columbia University. He can be visited online at www.BolesBooks.com. Has been teaching ASL at NYU for over 15 years and other ASL credits include Montclair State University, Lehman College, Catholic Charities in Brooklyn, LaGuardia Community College and the College of New Rochelle. She was born Deaf in Council Bluffs and attended the Iowa School for the Deaf. Her job with NY State is to rehabilitate Deaf clients via education and employment. Her ASL website is http://HardcoreASL.com
- Author(s)David Boles,Janna Sweenie
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
- Edition StatementInternational edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.