All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChrist & Gantenbein Review is a new series of books edited by Swiss architects Emanuel Christ and Christoph Gantenbein, in which they explore issues and topics arising from their architectural work. 'Pictures From Italy', the series' initial volume, also represents Christ & Gantenbein's first architectural project after they had setup their studio in Basel. The pictures were shot during a six week journey throughout Italy in 1999. The journey itself and the images seen and taken proved to be of fundamental influence to Christ & Gantenbein's entire work since. Intending to look at historical architecture, in a quasi-unhistorical way, with the contemporary view of the 21st century, they chose Italy in search for absolute timelessness. In 'Pictures From Italy' these pictures are juxtaposed with images of Christ & Gantenbein's built projects, making traceable the lasting impact of their Italian journey on their realised buildings in Switzerland and abroad. There is direct causal relationship between Italy and their architecture. Yet this book aims to illustrate Christ & Gantenbein's general architectural philosophy and t at delineating an architectural genealogy of their work. It expresses the continuity of the architectural through the coexistence of the pictures. Text in English and German.
- Author BiographyEmanuel Christ, born 1970 in Basel, studied architecture in Zurich, Lausanne and Berlin and graduated from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich) in 1998. Together with Christoph Gantenbein he established his own studio in Basel also in 1998. After various teaching assignments in Switzerland, Britain and Norway, he has been an assistant professor for architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich since 2010. Christoph Gantenbein, born 1971 in St. Gallen, took his degree in architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich) in 1998. Together with Emanuel Christ he established his own studio in Basel also in 1998. After various teaching assignments in Switzerland and Norway, he has been an assistant professor for architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich since 2010.
- PublisherPark Books
- Date of Publication27/05/2012
- LanguageEnglish and German
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPark Books
- Content Note28 Colour, 22 B&W
- Weight666 g
- Width245 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byChristoph Gantenbein,Emanuel Christ
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.