All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis lavishly illustrated book with an extensive catalogue and three essays by ted scholars, introduces the outstanding collection of eighteen Tibetan paintings in the Mead Art Museum at Amherst College. Among them are two groups of eighteenth-century tangkas of rare and exceptional quality from Central Tibet; a third group presents diverse themes in the bold folk styles of Eastern Tibet. The tangkas open up to the general public, students, and scholars the esoteric world of Tibetan Buddhist painting by providing a glimpse into the profound methods of practice and astonishing beauty of the art derived in the quest for enlightenment.
- Author BiographyMARYLIN M. RHIE is the Jessie Wells Post Professor of Art and East Asian Studies at Smith College.
- Author(s)Marylin M. Rhie
- PublisherAmherst College,Mead Art Museum,US
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmherst College,Mead Art Museum,US
- Content Note100 colour, 10 black and white illus.
- Weight748 g
- Width229 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.