All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a humorous, thoughtful and encouraging cookbook. It contains recipes for 50 sweet pies. It includes tricks to making enviable gluten-free crusts. You can learn to make a perfect crust, and everything else is easy as pie. Kate Lebo's proven process to achieve flakiness and structure is explained along with recipes for 50 pies, all sweet. Included are apple (of course), five ways with rhubarb, lemon chiffon, several blueberry pie variations and galettes. Also included are the tricks to making enviable crusts with almond or walnut flour, chocolate cookies and gingersnaps. Throughout, Kate Lebo's wonderfully humorous, thoughtful and encouraging voice shines through. Not content to just share some great pie recipes, this author also invites her readers to ruminate on the social history, the meaning and the place of pie in the pantheon of favourite foods. When you graduate from Pie School, everyone will want to be your friend.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning baker and writer, Kate Lebo's poems appear in Best New Poets, AGNI, and Poetry Northwest among other journals. Her food writing, recipes and commentary have been featured in the Washington Post, 94.9 KUOW, City Arts Magazine and many blogs. She has received a Nelson Bentley Fellowship, a grant from 4Culture and numerous writing residencies. After earning her MFA from the University of Washington, Kate opened Pie School, her cliche-busting pastry academy.
- Author(s)Kate Lebo
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Notefull colour thoughout, includes photographs
- Weight612 g
- Width184 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.