All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of CHASING VERMEER, THE WRIGHT 3, and HOLD FAST THE PIECESThirteen extremely valuable pieces of art have been stolen from one of the most secretive museums in the world. A Vermeer has vanished. A Degas has disappeared. And body has any idea where they and the other eleven artworks might be . . . or who might have stolen them. THE PLAYERSCalder, Petra, and Tommy are strangers to heists and puzzles. Now they've been matched with two new sleuths -- Zoomy, a very thin boy with very thick glasses, and Early, a girl who treasures words . . . and has a word or two to say about the missing treasure. The kids have been drawn in by the very mysterious Mrs. Sharpe, who may be playing her own kind of game with the clues. And it's t just Mrs. Sharpe who's acting suspiciously -- there's a ghost who mingles with the guards in the museum, a cat who acts like a spy, and bystanders in black jackets who keep popping up. With pieces and players, you have all the ingredients for a fantastic mystery from the amazing Blue Balliett.
- Author BiographyBlue Balliett is the author of several bestselling, acclaimed mystery novels, including HOLD FAST, CHASING VERMEER (a Book Sense Book of the Year and an Edgar Award winner), THE WRIGHT 3, THE CALDER GAME, and THE DANGER BOX. She writes in the laundry room of her home in Chicago, Illinois, and you can find her online at www.blueballiettbooks.com.
- Author(s)Blue Balliett
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight426 g
- Width163 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.