Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Jack O'Conr learns that the piece of eight he found diving is a clue to sunken pirate treasure, he hopes it will be the answer to all his financial worries. The problem is, there are two other clues to the treasure's whereabouts. Portia Pennington and Sandy Sequoia -- two young women with their own dark secrets - each holds one of the other clues necessary to locate the hoard of lost doubloons. Jack unites the three misfit adventurers; and in defiance of the pirate's curse, they go in search of the treasure. But they will have to learn to trust one ather and work together if they expect to find the gold and survive the hurricane of the century - a breeze compared to opening their hearts to each other.
- Author BiographyMichael Reed McLaughlin grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, went to Newport Harbor High and then Del Norte High School, before attending film school from 1993-96 at BYU, where he shot several short films, including Student Emmy award-winning The Fourth Trimester, as well as a feature length version of that film. Believing that one learns more by doing than by study, he also wrote, directed, shot, edited, and sometimes acted in a scene on video every week as well as watched fifteen classic films outside of class each week. Just before graduating, he came back to Los Angeles and formed a production company to shoot an independent film. The company was MRM Productions; and the film was Of Love & Betrayal, a simple story he planned on shooting in 16 mm on his own sailboat with some friends from film school. The project snowballed into a 35 mm project shot on a 76' schooner on location in the Bahamas. Filming was quite an adventure. There were several tropical storms, two hurricanes, dealings with drug dealers, DEA agents, two murders, and the usual cast & crew love affairs along the way. What fun! Although he feels that his primary talent lies in directing film, he does a great deal of writing. He has penned several feature scripts in addition to Of Love & Betrayal, and has many more in development. He also writes genre fiction, including The Hero Sagas trilogy. You can learn more about all his books at: www.mrmproductions.com/books.
- Author(s)Michael Reed McLaughlin
- Date of Publication13/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.