CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionFounded by Dudley and Humphrey Pierce in 1913, the Auto Body Works, of Appleton, Wisconsin, became ted for producing custom utility bodies on commercial truck chassis. In 1939, the Auto Body Works began building fire apparatus bodies to supplement its business. The company would eventually assume the name of Pierce Manufacturing. Propelled by an association with the famous Srkel device and the introduction of products that would become fire service trends, Pierce became the new giant in the fire apparatus industry. Today, Pierce Manufacturing is a division of the Oshkosh Truck Corporation. This work informatively and vividly illustrates the history of Pierce fire apparatus from its first fire apparatus bodies to its ultra-modern machines of today. The progression of Pierce fire apparatus is displayed through the use of black and white photographs from both well-kwn fire apparatus photographers and company archives. Included are apparatus deliveries from every state in the United States, as well as exports to other countries, and examples of nearly every model and variation produced by Pierce. A vibrant color gallery shows fire apparatus in a wide array of color schemes specified by Pierce customers and displays the finest photographs available.
- Author BiographyKent Parrish has been in the fire service since 1992 and is a lifelong resident of Louisville, Kentucky. He has become one of the younger fire apparatus historians and a well-known fire apparatus photographer with his photographs appearing in several publications. Kent has authored Seagrave Fire Apparatus, 1959-2004, Grumman Fire Apparatus, 1976-1992, and Pierce Fire Apparatus 1939-2006: An Illustrated History. Shane MacKichan has been a firefighter with Vancouver Fire & Services in Canada since 2000. He has also become a well-known fire apparatus photographer with his photographs appearing in several publications.
- Author(s)Kent D. Parrish,Shane MacKichan
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note350
- Weight653 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.