All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInverting rules with obvious relish, Florentine artist Piero di Cosimo (1462--1522) is kwn today--as he was in his own time--for his highly personal visual language, one capable of generating images of the most mesmerizing oddity. In this book, Dennis Geronimus overcomes the scarcity of information about the artist's life and works--only one of the nearly sixty kwn works by Piero is actually signed and dated--and pieces together from extensive archival research the most complete and accurate account of Piero's life and career ever written. Unfettered imagination was the sign under which Piero exercised his pictorial invention, and yet the complicated artist was also a product of his culture. The book fills gaps in the artist's biography and provides intensive analysis of Piero's protean imagery, discusses his various patrons and commissions, and lists his extant, lost, and uncertainly attributed works.
- Author BiographyDennis Geronimus is assistant professor of Italian Renaissance art, Department of Art History, New York University.
- Author(s)Dennis Geronimus
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 black & white illustrations and 60 colour images
- Weight2445 g
- Width248 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.