All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a reading of Bourdieu's work as a coherent and valuable response to those key social and political issues, events and trends that combined to shape contemporary society. The implications and consequences of his work are laid out and assessed, along with suggestions for where his ideas might be taken from here. This is the clearest and most thorough account of Bourdieu's work available; as such, it will be invaluable to students, researchers and teachers of contemporary social theory.
- Author BiographyMichael Grenfell is Reader in the Faculty of Social Science at the University of Southampton. He is a recognized authority on Bourdieu. He knew Bourdieu from the early 1980s onwards, and has published two books on Bourdieu and education.
- Author(s)Michael Grenfell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.