All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAPC International, Ltd.'s textbook on the principles and applications of piezoelectric ceramics covers: general principles of piezoelectricity and behavior of piezoelectric ceramic elements fundamental mathematics of piezoelectricity traditional and experimental applications for piezoelectric materials, and related physical principles for each application: audible sound producers, flow meters, fluid level sensors, motors, pumps, delay lines, transformers, other apparatus introduction to single crystals, composites, and other latest-generation piezoelectric materials Contents Introduction piezoelectricity / piezoelectric constants behavior / stability of piezoelectric ceramic elements new materials: relaxors / single crystals / others characteristics of piezoelectric materials from APC International, Ltd. Generators generators solid state batteries Sensors axial sensors flexional sensors special designs and applications: composites / SAW sensors / others Actuators axial and transverse actuators: simple / compound (stack) / multilayer flexional actuators / flextensional devices applications for piezoelectric actuators Transducers audible sound transducers generating ultrasonic vibrations in liquids or solids transmitting ultrasonic signals in air or water flow meters / fluid level sensors / delay lines / transformers / composites Miscellaneous securing a piezoelectric ceramic element attaching electrical leads testing performance Note: This is a 2nd edition to APC's textbook published in 2002. Updates in the 2nd edition reflect changes to APC's product lines and corrections outlined on the errata sheet distributed with the 2002 edition.
- Author BiographyAPC International, Ltd., formerly American Piezo Ceramics, Inc. (est. 1986), is a leading supplier and distributor of piezoelectric ceramics and devices to US and international companies. APC International's piezoelectric powders, ceramics, and devices are used in a wide range of applications including: Ultrasonic medical transducers / ultrasound technologies Sonar and other defense related products Ultrasonic cleaning components Ultrasonic welding components NDT components Flow control products Level control products Accelerometers Proximity Sensors APC International's products support a wide range of industries including: Aerospace Automotive Consumer products Defense Engineering & design Industrial & manufacturing Medical devices / ultrasound technologies Research & development
- Author(s)Ltd Apc International
- PublisherApc International, Ltd.
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApc International, Ltd.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.