All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPig-Boy is hairy. Pig-Boy is dirty. Pig-Boy is hungry! And when trouble comes, he kws just what to do. (Of course, escaping trouble comes easily to a trickster, who can shape-shift his way out of sticky situations just in time!) With the tropical colors and cadences of the islands, master artist and storyteller Gerald McDermott brings irrepressible humor and energy to a Hawaiian trickster tale that's been beloved for generations. Includes an author's te.
- Author BiographyGERALD MCDERMOTT (1941-2012) was an internationally acclaimed author-illustratorof books for children. A graduate of Pratt Institute in New York City and a lifelong artist, hebegan his career asan animated filmmaker before moving into the creation of children's books based on storytelling traditions from around the world. He was awarded the Caldecott Medal and two Caldecott Honors; his extensive and influential body of work includes six popular picture books focusing on the trickster motif. Devoted to oral tradition and the transformative power of mythology, he was the first Fellow of the Joseph Campbell Foundation and served as a consultant on mythology in education. www.geraldmcdermott.com
- Author(s)Gerald McDermott
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width287 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.