All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrom cult heroes the Saints and the Go-Betweens to national icons Powderfinger and international stars Savage Garden, Brisbane has produced more than its share of great bands. But behind the music lay a ghost city of malice and corruption. Pressed under the thumb of the Bjelke-Petersen government and its toughest enforcers - the police - Brisbane's musicians, radio anuncers and political activists braved igrance, harassment and often violence to be heard. Pig City's reputation has grown in the decade since its first publication. In 2007, Queensland Music Festival staged the book as an all-day music event, headlined by the first performance in nearly 30 years by the original line-up of the Saints. This updated 10th anniversary edition features a scathing new introduction by the author, assessing the changing shape of Brisbane, its music, and troubling developments since the return of the state of Queensland to conservative governance.
- Author BiographyAndrew Stafford is a freelance writer who has also worked as a university tutor and environmental consultant.
- Author(s)Andrew Stafford
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width116 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement10th Anniversary edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.