All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReturning to the post-industrial rth-east of England of his upbringing, young gypsy John-John Wisdom wants to escape his past. His new job as an ice cream man should offer freedom, but the legacy of brutality left by his father, the champion bare-knuckle boxer Mac Wisdom, overshadows his life and instead pulls him into the dark recesses of a town where is family name is mud.John-John seeks solace in nature and must find an inner strength in order to escape poverty, prejudice and his violent heritage. Taking a dual narrative in which past and present intertwine towards a dramatic conclusion, Pig Iron is an unflinching and poetic portrait of contemporary Traveller culture.Set in fairgrounds, woodlands, camp sites, car parks, quarries and housing estates, it is also a homage to the beauty and diversity of the modern English landscape.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Myers is a multi-award winning author. BEASTINGS won The Portico Literature Prize 2015 and was long listed for The Jerwood Prize for fiction 2015. PIG IRON won the inaugural GORDON BURN Prize 2013. Benjamin Myers also won The Northern Writers Award 2014 and the Society of Authors Tom Gallon prize 2014. His novel RICHARD was a Sunday Times bestseller. He is an award winning music journalist whose work has appeared in The Guardian, New Statesman, MOJO, Caught by The River.
- PrizesShortlisted for Gordon Burn Prize 2013.
- Author(s)Benjamin Myers
- PublisherBluemoose Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHebden Bridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBluemoose Books Ltd
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.