CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA guileless group of misfits share an extraordinary undertaking in this vel set in 1968. Recently bereaved, a Montana guitar-maker pursues a dream he has contemplated for many years -- to break the wheel-driven world land-speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Four unlikely team-mates volunteer their energies to build a four-engined streamlined racing car: Jill, an aspiring tap dancer; Beth, a failed fashion model; Ephram, a curmudgeonly engine-builder and Holocaust survivor; and Stan, an orphan, metalworker, and Vietnam draftee-apparent. The thoughts and anxieties of each character are revealed and the meaning they have discovered in their hopes and dreams in life is discovered.
- Author BiographyPaul Davies is the author of Grace: A Story, Oblique Litanies, The Wreck of the Apollo, Dropping the Chase: The Enigmas of the Goddess, and Pig Iron, a novel.
- Author(s)Paul Davies
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.