All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $15.84Free postage
- AU $18.43Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe best allegory ever written is rewritten in modern English, making it clearer and more forceful to the modern reader.Withmore than 100,000 in print, this retelling by James H. Thomas followsChristian as heleaves his home in the City of Destruction and begins a long journey to the Celestial City. His adventure is full of encounters with interesting people, such as Faithful, Hopeful, and Igrance.Traveling through places such as Vanity Fair and the Valley of the Shadow of Death, he reaches his heavenly home but learns rich lessons during the journey.The story has immediate application to everyday life. Later on, Christian's wife, Christiana, decides to join her husband in the Celestial City. As she travels, Christiana comes upon a different set of people, such Greatheart, Mercy, Honesty.Her story illustrates how Christians follow different paths but with the same destination: eternity with Jesus.
- Author BiographyJAMES THOMAS is the author of Pilgrim s Progress in Today s English. He is now at home with his Lord. JOHN BUNYAN (1628-1688) was a Puritan preacher and writer in England. Bunyan had very little schooling. He followed his father in the tinker's trade, and served in the parliamentary army from 1644 to 1647. In 1655, Bunyan became a deacon and began preaching. He experienced marked success from the start and was the pastor of the Bedford church.Bunyan is the author of The Pilgrim's Progress which he wrote in 1676 while imprisoned for preaching without a license. His numerous other titles include Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners and Holy War.
- Author(s)John Bunyan
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.