Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist for the 2013 BC Book Prizes Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Prize. Shortlisted for the 2013 BC National Award for Canadian Non-Fiction. As a teenager, legendary Canadian author George Bowering lived the life of an ordinary boy. He loved baseball, read Westerns, held a part-time job, and fantasized about girls and women. George was due for a sexual awakening, which arrived when he was fifteen. But what took place was anything but ordinary when George found himself vying for the affections of three very different women: his first love, the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and one of his high school teachers. Set in the South Okanagan Valley in the Fifties, Pinboy is an intimately honest and often hilarious memoir that skilfully captures the delirious chaos that takes place as a boy becomes a man.
- Author BiographyGeorge Bowering is a poet, writer, biographer, and historian. He has written over ninety works and was the first Parliamentary Poet Laureate of Canada. He has won the Governor General's Literary Award for Fiction and Poetry. In 1993 he became an Officer of the Order of Canada, and in 2004 received the Order of British Columbia. Having lived all across Canada, including Montreal, Calgary, and London, Ontario, he is currently living the good life in Vancouver, BC.
- Author(s)George Bowering
- PublisherCormorant Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCormorant Books
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.