Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.99
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.59
- AU $9.58Trending at AU $19.02
- AU $8.68Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $16.73
- AU $20.04Trending at AU $24.91
- AU $9.29Trending at AU $11.23
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of music and beat. This rhythmic verse introduces the steel band and the types of pans that make a band. Colourful illustrations of children playing steel pans have real child appeal. The brief and beautifully illustrated historical section that follows tells how steel pans were originally made. Ping Pong is an exciting way to introduce the steel pan to children. As a teacher and writer, I have read many accounts of the history of the steel pan, but ne quite as enjoyable as Rosa's Notes on Pan . In simple terms, Stoute provides an invaluable overview on the pan yesteryear and today. We even learn how steel pans were made in the old days! These fact sheets are also enhanced by colourful, beautifully rendered drawings. - Nailah Folami Imoja, Educator/Writer.
- Author BiographyAuthor, June Stoute was born and educated in Barbados. She has also lived in Curacao, St. Lucia, the USA and the UK. She worked for 20 years in the toy industry. This and raising two children kindled an avid interest in education and child development. Stoute's poetry, short stories and picture books have won several awards in the National Independence Festival of Creative Arts, Barbados. Her interests are eclectic but her primary focus is family and social issues. The illustrations in this book are a fusion of the work of Suzette Humphrey and Jehanne Silva-Freimane. Guyanese born Humphrey is a keen amateur artist. She has lived and exhibited in many countries, including Barbados and Mexico. She is also a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. Stoute's daughter, Silva-Freimaine is a self-taught artist and holds a B.Sc. from the University of the West Indies and an MBA from the University of Leeds. She is also creator of an e-commerce art site, Just Some Lines. She lives in Europe with her husband and two young children.
- Author(s)June Stoute
- PublisherWordways Caribbean
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationSt James
- Country of PublicationBarbados
- ImprintWordways Caribbean
- Content Note1, colour illustrations
- Weight79 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Illustrator(s)Suzette Humphreys,Jehanne Silva-Freimane
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.