All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved tale of the adventures of a puppet, carved from a stick of wood, who eventually becomes a real boy after many trials and tribulations. Though urged to right behavior by his father Gepetto, the Talking-cricket, and the Blue Fairy, Picchio yields to temptations that land him in desperate straits. Yet, time after time, he is rescued, sometimes by a stroke of luck and other times by someone he had befriended previously. Picchio's indomitable spirit shines throughout, lending humor and playfulness to whatever situation he finds himself in, whether that is planting his money in the Field of Miracles, sharing the humiliation of growing donkey ears with his good friend Candlewick, or discovering his father at long last in the belly of the Dog-fish. All the while Picchio is growing in goodness and at last becomes a real little boy with a loving heart, a dutiful son to a devoted father. This edition couples the first translation from the Italian into English by M. A. Murray with dozens of engaging illustrations by Charles Folkard. Suitable for ages 7 and up.
- Author(s)Carlo Collodi
- PublisherYesterday's Classics
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYesterday's Classics
- Content Note1
- Weight415 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Charles Folkard
- Translated byM. A. Murray
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.