All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPipeline Leak Detection Handbook is a concise, detailed, and inclusive leak detection best practices text and reference book. It begins with the basics of leak detection techlogies that include leak detection systems, and information on pipeline leaks, their causes, and subsequent consequences. The book moves on to further explore system infrastructures, performance, human factors, installation, and integrity management, and is a must-have resource to help oil and gas professionals gain a comprehensive understanding of the identification, selection, design, testing, and implantation of a leak detection system.
- Author BiographyPresident of MH Consulting, Inc., a project management, systems analysis, and organizational training firm that specializes in the petrochemical and telecommunications industry. His education background includes a BA in Technology Management from Eckerd College, a BSc in Electronic Engineering from Kennedy Western University, an MS in Project Management from The George Washington University, and a PhD in System Science and Engineering Management from Old Dominion. He is an experienced systems engineer with an extensive background in petrochemical/pipeline business including expertise in leak detection systems. Experienced engineer with an extensive background in the petrochemical/pipeline business, including oversight of people, teams and projects; organization structure and processes; and technical and economic analysis, system development and maintenance, and engineering design. Key specializations include pipeline hydraulics, leak detection, SCADA systems, and simulation based training. Ed Nicholas specializes in providing Leak Detection support services and Pipeline Simulation solutions to the Pipeline Industry. He has served as the technical consultant for large pipeline simulation projects. In addition, he is a software developer and often provides key components for simulation systems. He regularly provides technical and software support to users of installed real-time pipeline simulation systems. Ed Nicholas has been a pioneer in the fields of pipeline leak detection, pipeline thermal modeling, and transient modeling of slack line flow in liquid pipelines. Ed Nicholas has been managing software projects and developing software products since 1979. His primary applications area has been in the field of real time pipeline operations aids for the pipeline industry. A major focus has been in the areas of real time dynamic pipeline simulation and pipeline leak detection. He has substantial experience working in pipeline control rooms with real time software packages and integrating them with a variety of different data acquisition and control systems.
- Author(s)Morgan Henrie,Philip L. Carpenter,R. Edward Nicholas
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.