All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood from the heart - recipes from charming, iconic Hawkes Bay restaurant, Pipi. Pipi is a magical cafe in Havelock North that's always packed with people enjoying its beautiful rustic ambience and its delicious homely food. The Pipi philosophy is about family, fun, nurturing, good simple seasonal food, and love. These are all universal things, but Pipi gives them the New Zealand slant. Owner and chef Alex Tylee learnt to cook providing meals and smoko for the workers on the farm, where the tins always had to be full. By making her way through Mrs Beeton's cookbook, she realised that if she followed a recipe carefully then she could make anything from puff pastry to chicken stock. And so, Pipi was born. This book captures some of the atmosphere and the recipes which make up the essence of Pipi. A lot of the recipes come from the Italian tradition of simple, rustic food that tastes delicious and that encourages a sense of community around the table. Brian Culy's extraordinary photographs show off this wonderful place and its excellent food. This is a book to treasure and to use and to give away to others. It's truly food from the heart.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Tylee is the owner and chef at Pipi in Havelock North, which she runs with her partner Chris. She's also the mother of four sons and is the driving force behind Pipi. Brian Culy is a Hawkes Bay photographer and artist.
- Author(s)Alex Tylee
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2012
- ImprintRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight1310 g
- Width210 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Photographs byBrian Culy
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.30Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $33.91Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.44Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.