Pirate Hunting: The Fight Against Pirates, Privateers, and Sea Raiders from Antiquity to the Present by Benerson Little (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years pirates, privateers, and seafaring raiders have terrorized the ocean voyager and coastal inhabitant, plundering ship and shore with impunity. From the victim's point of view, these attackers were t the rebellious, romantic rulers of Neptune's realm, but savage beasts to be excoriated, and those who went to sea to stop them were heroes. Engaging and meticulously detailed, Pirate Hunting chronicles the fight against these plunderers from antiquity to the present and illustrates the array of tactics and strategies people and governments have employed to secure the seas. Benerson Little lends further dimension to this unending battle by including the history of piracy and privateering, ranging from the Mycenaean rovers to the modern pirates of Somalia. He also introduces associated naval warfare; maritime commerce and transportation; the development of speed under oar, sail, and steam; and, the evolution of weaponry. More than just a vivid account of the war seafarers and pirates have waged, Pirate Hunting is invaluable reading in a world where acts of piracy are once more a significant threat to maritime commerce and voyagers. It will appeal to readers interested in the history of piracy, antipiracy operations, and maritime, naval, and military history worldwide.
- Author BiographyBenerson Little was born in Key West, the son of a navy man. At age ten, he read Treasure Island, which led him to explore the world of the pirate. He later became a SEAL officer and an analyst for the Naval Special Warfare Center Strategy and Tactics Group. Little is the author of The Sea Rover's Practice: Pirates and Techniques, 1630-1730 (Potomac Books, Inc., 2005) and The Buccaneer's Realm: Pirate Life on the Spanish Main, 1674-1688 (Potomac Books, Inc., 2007) He lives in Huntsville, Alabama, where he teaches fencing.
- Author(s)Benerson Little
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note32 photos & illustrations, 8 maps
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.