About this product
- DescriptionPirate Straits is the tale of Kwame Obasanjo, an African teen from the shores of Senegal raised by Jesuits and thrown into horrid slavery by a vicious Portuguese slave captain. Mistreated and beaten, longing for any means of escape, his chance finally arrives quite unexpectedly! When pirates raid his plantation to avenge their murdered captain, he chooses to help the freebooters! Struggling with his moral Jesuit upbringing while embracing the life of a sea dog, he must overcome this moral dilemma. Is it better to be an ethical slave or a thieving pirate free on the waves? The hypocrisy of the times becomes apparent as he joins with the infamous Bartholomew Roberts and learns that the difference between good and evil is t always so clear. During his adventures, he befriends an anarchist Frenchman and has a forbidden love affair with an aristocrat's daughter. On his travels, Kwame/Spanish Tom will seek out his lost sister and hunt down the madman who murdered his mother, all while facing British warships, Barbary Corsairs, hurricanes and his own inner demons!
- Author(s)M H Healy
- PublisherLibrary Tales Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibrary Tales Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.