All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCaptain Cod asks Davy to be careful moving cannballs about, but poor Davy igres him and ends up dropping a heavy cannball through a hatch where it goes right through the keel causing a leak. Davy is so embarrassed he shuts the hatch and goes to bed. The next morning, he wakes up to find the bottom of the boat is full of water. He decides it's time he owns up and bravely goes to see the captain. But will it be too late to save the ship? Will Davy get into trouble for t being honest in the first place? The books in the 'Pirates to the Rescue' series are designed to help children to recognise the virtues of generosity, honesty, politeness and kindness. Reading these books with children will help them to understand that their actions and behaviour have a real effect on people around them. The books will help young readers to recognise what is right and wrong and what to do when faced with difficult choices. Notes for parents, guardians and teachers are included at the end of the story to help give starting points for discussion and follow-up activities to help encourage positive behaviour.
- Author BiographyTom Easton is an experienced writer of fiction for children of all ages.
- Author(s)Tom Easton
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleI Did it!
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight110 g
- Width189 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Gordon
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.