Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.08+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCamille Pissarro (1830-1903) was t only a central figure in the Impressionist movement but a major influence on the development of modern art. He was the only artist to exhibit at all eight of the Impressionist exhibitions between 1874 and 1886, and his letters are a fascinating and invaluable source of information on the theoretical aspects and practical implications of Impressionism. Pissarro's career touched that of an extraordinary number of his contemporaries, to whom he was often a teacher and always a friend. In his early years he worked with Monet; in the 1870s he painted in close friendship with Cezanne; he was a guide for Gauguin, whom he introduced to the Impressionist group; and in the 1880s he flirted with Neo-Impressionism with Seurat. This book charts the evolution of his painting, and celebrates his compositional brilliance, technical skill and invatory approach, forty-eight full-page colour plated, combined with Christopher Lloyd's illuminating text, constitute a superb introduction to the artist. His essay on Pissaro, first published in 1979, has been revised and updated, with the addition of commentaries to each plate written by Amanda Renshaw, and a wide selection of comparative illustrations.
- Author BiographyChristopher Lloyd is the Surveyor of the Queen's Pictures.
- Author(s)Amanda Renshaw,Christopher Lloyd
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleColour Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note50 colour and 36 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight522 g
- Width225 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.