All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pea Pisum sativum are rich in proteins and dietary fiber and contribute considerably to the total dietary protein requirements. Peas are abundant in complex carbohydrates giving rise to food with a low glycemic index. Peas are hypolipidemic. Fiber in peas contains more amylose than amylopectin and is antihyperglycemic. Peas can be used in processed foods such as bakery products, bread, snack foods, soups, and tortillas. Because of their nutritious value, it has been suggested that peas be included in snack foods, baby food, and sports food. This book discusses the cultivation of Pisum sativum as well as its functional properties and health benefits.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight208 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byShannell Becket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.