All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionNew interest in labour and union internationalism has developed over the last 10-15 years. This collection, co-edited by scholars from an older and younger generation, is a very original attempt to grapple with the challenges of globalisation for labor. The collection includes contributions from academics and activists based in the North and South.
- Author BiographyPeter Waterman (London, 1936) is the author of Globalisation, Social Movements and the New Internationalisms (Cassell, London, 1998), and co-editor, with Ronaldo Munck of Labour Worldwide in the Era of Globalisation: Alternative Union Models in the New World Order (Macmillan, London, 1999). He has published widely in academic and political journals, in English and Spanish. Since 1994 he has had visiting positions or fellowships at universities in the UK, US, South Africa and Mexico. He worked for over a quarter century within the labour studies and politics of alternative development strategies programmes of the Institute of Social Studies, The Hague. He took early retirement in 1998. His current interests are: global solidarity movements, in political, communicational, and cultural terms; the life histories of internationalists - and his long-suffering Global Solidarity website. Jane Wills is Lecturer in Geography at Queen Mary, University of London. She is co-author of Union Retreat and the Regions: the shrinking landscape of organised labour (Jessica Kingsley, London, 1996), Dissident Geographies: an introduction to radical ideas and practice (Prentice Hall, London, 2000) and co-editor of Geographies of Economies (Arnold, London, 1997). She has long-term political and research interests in orgasnised labour and has undertaken ESRC-funded research into European Works Councils, union renewal and partnership agreements.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAntipode Book Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight452 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJane Wills,Peter Waterman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.