All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume prominent scholars from across the United States and Europe examine the central significance of place within Native American history and life. They shed new light on this foundational concept within Native American Studies at a time when the idea of place is under fundamental reassessment across disciplines. The studies focus on understanding the American self within each of the varied landscapes of the United States and on recognising the true -place- of American Indian peoples within American history. The contributions to this volume are selected from the conference on -Place and Native American Indian History, Literature and Culture- held on 29-31 March 2006 at the University of Wales, Swansea, U.K. Over one hundred and twenty delegates from across the globe congregated, including the largest gathering of Native American intellectuals yet seen in Europe.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Joy Porter is Associate Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and lecturer on American and Native American history and literature within the Department of American Studies at the University of Wales, Swansea, U.K. She is the author of To Be Indian: The Life of Seneca-Iroquois Arthur Caswell Parker, 1881-1955 and co-editor of The Cambridge Companion to Native American Literature.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAmerican Studies: Culture, Society & the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note13 fig.
- Weight550 g
- Width220 mm
- Height150 mm
- Edited byJoy Porter
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.