All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionBased on field-work in Taiwan, this book examines the ancient, indigeus religious cult of Tudi Gong both as a religio-social phemen and as an appropriate medium for exploring and analysing the social changes that have been occurring in contemporary Taiwan, and the people's strategic adaptations to these changes. In this comprehensive ethgraphy of Tudi Gong, Dell'Orto engages in a theoretical discussion of the practices, processes and strategies of ethgraphy and ethgraphic writing, and contributes to the construction of an anthropology of place by analysing a number of key concepts related to the tion of place and space. The study combines the use of personal ethgraphy with raconteurs' own accounts as a way of tracing senses of place and memories of the past. This is a pioneering foundation text for an anthropology of n domestic place and space and brings the most important recent work of social geographers into the field of anthropology.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Dell'Orto received his BA and PhD in Social Anthropology the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He also holds a BA in Religious Studies (ITS, Italy). For several years, he has conducted extensive fieldwork in Taiwan on Chinese popular religion. His main research interests, reflected in this book, pertain to the development of an ethnography and anthropology of place. He is currently a Researcher of the International Centre for Art and Culture (Parma, Italy) and Visiting Scholar at the Institute of Ethnology, Acadmeia Sinica (Taipei, Taiwan).
- Author(s)A Dell'orto,Alessandro Dell'orto,Dell'orto Aless
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2002
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.