Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionPlaces That Count offers professionals within the field of cultural resource management (CRM) valuable practical advice on dealing with traditional cultural properties (TCPs). Responsible for coining the term to describe places of community-based cultural importance, Thomas King w revisits this subject to instruct readers in TCP site identification, documentation, and management. With more than 30 years of experience at working with communities on such sites, he identifies common issues of contention and methods of resolving them through consultation and other means. Through the extensive use of examples, from urban ghettos to Polynesian ponds to Mount Shasta, TCPs are shown t to be limited simply to American Indian burial and religious sites, but include a wide array of valued locations and landscapes-the United States and worldwide. This is a must-read for anyone involved in historical preservation, cultural resource management, or community development.
- Author BiographyThomas F. King has worked in historic preservation since the mid-1960's as an academic, a contractor, and a government official. During 1977-79 he organized historic preservation programs in the islands of Micronesia, and from 1979-88 he oversaw Section 106 review for the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation. He is the author of Cultural Resource Laws and Practice: An Introductory Guide (AltaMira Press, 1998) and Federal Planning and Historic Places: The Section 106 Practice (AltaMira Press,2000) and many other book, articles, and monographs.
- Author(s)Thomas F. King
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/09/2003
- Series TitleHeritage Resource Management Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight667 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.