All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionSwim with man-eating sharks in treacherous ocean passes, wander through lost civilizations on high desert plateaus, leap off high cliffs over awe-inspiring waterfalls, hike through forbidding jungles on sparsely civilized isles, choke on volcanic fumes inside smoking calderas, and tiptoe along mountain walls on half-inch-wide ledges. As Dennis Foster tells it, traveling in hot places is adventurous, but t always intentionally so. It's also often humorous, but never intentionally so. It's sometimes hazardous, both to the adventurer and to the fragile ecosystem of the island, desert, mountain, rain forest, green shallow, or blue depth where the adventurer happens to venture. After returning from Papua New Guineau, the author decided to write a vel about just such a remote land untouched by civilization, populated by Stone Age tribes. The result was the humorous adventure, Stalking the Bird of Paradise, which is included in its entirety.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in the United States, Dennis L. Foster is an author, artist, photographer, geographer, scientist, educator, and consultant. He is the author of over 60 books on a wide range of subjects, including three bestsellers, nine book-club selections, two works of fiction, and more than 2,000 magazine articles. His work in sustaintable tourism was cited by the United Nations Environment Program. His art and photography have been published in several books and magazines.
- Author(s)Dennis Foster
- Date of Publication17/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.