All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, historical GIS has emerged as a promising new methodology for studying history. In this companion to Past Time, Past Place , editor Anne Kelly Kwles presents a collection of case studies that illustrate how GIS techlogy can help reorganize and reevaluate historical data. Complete with a digital supplement, edited by Amy Hillier, Placing History is the perfect tool for engaging a classroom of young historians by demonstrating how GIS can be used to awaken the past. Placing History includes a digital supplement CD containing ArcExplorer - Java Edition for Education software, map layers, PowerPoint presentations, informational videos, and tes. The CD can be used as an instructor resource for classroom instruction.
- Author BiographyAnne Kelly Knowles is a historical geographer who teaches at Middlebury College. She has edited volumes of essays on historical GIS, including Past Time, Past Place: GIS for History (ESRI Press, 2002). Amy Hillier teaches courses on the application of GIS in city planning, urban studies, and social work at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design. Hillier has published articles in Journal of Housing, Journal of Urban History, Journal of Planning History, and Pennsylvania History.
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintESRI Press
- Content Note104
- Weight912 g
- Width229 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAmy Hillier,Anne Kelly Knowles
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.